INVITATION TO 2016/2017 POST JAMB UTME 2ND CHOICE SCREENING EXERCISE FOR NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- Category: News & Events
- Published on 02 December 2016
The management of the Academy wishes to invite all the candidates who selected Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron, Akwa Ibom State as their 2nd Choice but did not participate during the previous screening exercise and have scored the minimum of 120 marks (National cut-off-mark) for Polytechnics and Colleges of Education to attend the Post JAMB UTME screening exercise as follows:
1. Date for the Screening:
Sunday – Friday 11th – 15th December, 2016
2. Examination Centre:
Maritime Academy of Nigeria
P.M.B 1089, College Road,
Akwa Ibom State
3. Arrival Date:
Sunday 11th December, 2016
4. Time: 0730 hours (each day)
ND - Nautical Science
ND - Marine Engineering
ND - Boat/Ship Building Technology
ND - Maritime Transport and Business Studies
6. Requirements for the Screening Exercise:
Candidates are requested to report for the screening with the following:
i) JAMB result print-out
ii) Original copy of credentials (including First School Leaving Certificate).
iii) Candidate’s Photo Card printed from the portal
iv) Original copy of Birth Certificate/Age Declaration.
v) Original copy of Certificate of Local Government/State of Origin.
vi) A pair of White Canvas and Socks.
vii) White Short and Vest.
ix) Bucket and Drinking Cup.
7. Medical Test/Screening:
In view of the unique nature of the Maritime Academy and the requirements for the training of seafarers, all candidates must be subjected to a comprehensive medical test before admission.
Consequently, all candidates are requested to pay the sum of
N2,500.00 as screening fee online and upon arrival at the Academy additional N15,000.00 is to be paid for medical test to cover the following tests:
1) Chest X-ray
2) Packed cell volume
3) Hepatitis Surface Antigen
5) TB Serology
6) Pregnancy Test
7) Blood Group
9) Visual Acuity
8. Procedure for Online Payment:
1. Log on to http://macademyoron.org.
2. Click on registration and select “Application Form”.
3. Click on “Purchase Form”.
4. Enter the following details: First Name, Middle Name, Surname, Email, Phone Number, Choice of Program (e.g.ND), Choice of Course.
5. Note: for ND applications you will be prompted to enter your JAMB Reg. No., JAMB year and JAMB Score when applying for all courses.
6. Click “Continue” and on the next page, your remita RRR code will be displayed for you (you can note it down).
7. Click on “Click Here to Pay”.
8. Choose mode of payment e.g. online payment or Bank Branch.
9. For online payment, enter your card details.
10. An exam number will be generated for you; this will be your log in ID.
11. Log in with your exam number as user ID and 2016/2017 as password.
12. Click “Complete Registration”.
13. For Bank Branch Payment print remita invoice which contains your RRR code.
14. Proceed to the designated banks to make payment.
15. An exam number will be generated for you; this will be your log in ID
16. Log in with your exam number as user ID and 2016/2017 as password
17. Click “Complete Registration”.
Accommodation would be provided free to all candidates, while arrangement would be made in respect of feeding on pay-as-you-eat basis.
However, candidates are expected to come with sufficient amount of money for their feeding.
Dr. D. J. Essien,MNIM, FCAI,